POSITION: MACHINE OPERATOR
REPORTING TO: SITE FOREMAN
LOCATION: SITE BASED, WINCHESTER, HAMPSHIRE
SALARY: £12-£16 per hour DOE
Summary of Responsibility
To transfer loads, excavate, lift and move materials on Natta Building Construction sites using excavators, bulldozers, dump trucks, telescopic handlers, rollers and dumpers.
To operate Plant safely, legally and efficiently within Natta Head Office and client sites as required:
- o 360° 13T – 40T Excavators
- o 3T – 10T Dumpers
- o 25T – 40T Dumptrucks
- o Forklifts and 360 Forklifts
- o 7T – 9T Mini Diggers
- To comply with all Health and Safety requirements taking responsibility for own safety and that of others
- Check the location of underground or overhead services prior to starting work and take appropriate action and only work with a valid permit to dig
- To ensure that at no time the safety of any person(s) is compromised.
- To know the legal requirements affecting the use of the machine and ensure the machine is used in accordance with those requirements
- To ensure that any defect is reported immediately
- To work from drawings and markers under the direction of Supervisors and Engineers
- To load and unload equipment and move it around the site
- To excavate or grade muck, stone and similar material to the correct level and alignment and by operating hydraulic or pneumatic breakers if required
- To make regular inspections of the machine, record inspections as necessary
- To ensure that the machine is lubricated, il and water checked and visually inspected every morning prior to the commencement of work.
- To ensure that the Plant Manager is informed of any changes to health or wellbeing and that the Plant Manager is in possession of details of any medication being taken.
- To ensure all machines are operated within the manufacturers guidelines
- To carry out all duties in accordance with safety legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- To ensure that deadlines are met and progress is reported to a Supervisor/Engineer on a regular basis
- To educate all other trades not to approach the Plant unless the operator is aware
- GCSE or O’level equivalent in English and Maths
- Flexible attitude towards working hours and travelling to different sites
- Punctual and polite
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work at height
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Fluency in the English language (written and spoken).
- Driving Licence
- Ability to walk on all sites on uneven ground
- Ability to carry out physically demanding work.
- Good eyesight
- Used to working with minimal supervision and working on own initiative
- Flexibility and a willingness to work overtime when required
In order to promote an environment within which the Company can call upon the widest range of knowledge, skills and experience, as well as ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation and codes of practice, we are committed to treating all applicants and employees in the same way regardless of race or colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, sex or marital status, sexual orientation, disability or age.