- There is currently a 200,000 deficit in personnel within the construction industry across the UK and the construction companies we are working with are hoping to fill some of these by training individuals form the military community.
- No previous experience is necessary (although it would be an advantage) because each successful candidate will be placed on a 12-14 month City & Guilds or NVQ course to achieve the qualification necessary to become a full trade.
- A CSCS Card will be required by all candidates but additional training is being sourced for this though Transitioning Armed Forces Personnel might consider adding this to their Transition Programme.
- Candidates should have access to their own transport in order to travel to and from sites.
- For Health & Safety reasons, due to uneven surfaces on construction sites these roles may not be suitable for candidates with physical disabilities.
If you are interested in finding out further information on these opportunities, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be contacted by a member of the recruitment team to start the application process.
Please feel free to share this information around to your former comrades and friends.
Perform tasks involving physical labour at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavations, and demolition sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. Works may include hand digging, pipe laying and drainage. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, clean up rubble and debris, and remove asbestos, and other hazardous waste materials. Will often be involved in concrete pours and finishing. May assist other craft workers.
Plant operators will drive excavators, dumpers, rollers, telehandlers and various other construction base plants. Works will include excavation of ground, ground reinstallation and material movement.
This is a safety critical job and they must have a good awareness of their surroundings along with a good competence to operate the plant.
Preparing and working with raw timber, constructing shuttering boxes for deep excavation works prior to the drainage systems being installed. Build Pre-cast framework –building industrial frames in preparation for concrete pours. Deep excavations-build Inspection boxes for site engineers in line with the contractor’s method statement. Create pre-fix shuttering works in deep excavations thus allowing pipe-layers to install industrial pipes safely.
Prepare and install rebar cages prior to structural concrete pours. Prepare and clean construction sites by removing debris. Fitting spacers or chairs. Fixing steel to concrete bases. Installing beams and precast slabs. Create and install any steel work needed as specified by the project design.